Monday, July 2, 2012

On Your Mark...Get Set....


John Lennon said "Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans". Somewhere between coming >thisclose< to getting my master's in special ed, working full-time, and parenting a toddler, I fell in love with kale...the rest snowballed.

Call it crazy; call it a mid-life crisis, call it boredom (pffftt...as if that was possible with a toddler), call it whatever....This month, I will begin my journey toward becoming a Certified Holistic Health Coach.

Here's the reality...we have a national (umm...global?) epidemic. We are over-worked, over-stressed, and over-medicated. The only thing we aren't is over-nourished. I'm not talking about the food. It's never just about the food. (Many, many therapists just squealed with delight, because I included that last statement. Sadly, I've seen most of them...but that's another story for another day). As a Health Coach, I can be a part of the solution. Sure, Health Coaches are there to support, educate, and guide others through the sometimes confusing and mostly overwhelming intricacies of diets and nutrition. But, it's more than that....it's about finding balance through relationships, socialization, movement, and career. It's about finding happiness and nourishment in all areas of life.

Seriously…who wouldn’t want that?

I am honored to have such an amazing and supportive group of friends and family. I would love it if you could all join me on this journey. It's only the beginning, but I'll be using this page to document the ups and downs along the way.

If you know me personally, then you know that this is a HUGE career change (::ahem:: and you also probably know that I don't handle change very well ::ahem::). Please let me use this opportunity to ask for your patience, understanding, and some more fluffy unicorn & rainbow sentiments for the upcoming year. I should probably also ask that if "T" reaches his breaking point and can no longer live with my slightly anxious self (aka stark-raving mad, perfectionist, stressed to the max beastly self), please provide him with a hot meal and a roof over his head, until I re-gain my sanity.

On your mark...
Get set....
GO!

No, really...I need to run, because "I" (the 18 month old non-stop whirlwind of activity) is napping and I would lie, steal, cheat, or kill for a 10 minute nap....

4 comments:

  1. You'll do great, looking forward to your posts and learning a lot from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope I can live up to the hype :)

      Delete
  2. This is so exciting!!!!! I'll be following this! :0)

    ReplyDelete